Friday, July 5, 2013

Whoa.......Did That Just Happen?!?!

So many updates for today!  First Happy belated 4th of July!!  Chris and I had a pretty chill evening, we bbq'd, hung out outside and watched the fireworks around the neighborhood.  A few of our neighbors had some really impressive shows so we didn't have to go anywhere.

So let's back up a few days.  Wednesday I did make it to the Cardio-Sculpt Circuit class.  While I liked the class (it was pretty intense) I did NOT like the instructor.  She thought she was Jillian Michaels x10.  She screeched at the top of her lungs, was a bit condescending and you could clearly see who her favorite students were because she gave no one else attention.  I'm glad I went because I sweated up a storm and burned 400 calories that I wouldn't have otherwise, but I will not be attending another class taught by her.

Yesterday I met one of my friends for breakfast at Panera and after that I went to the gym.  Yes, the gym on a holiday.  That is a new concept for me!  Chris was shopping for inventory and after my 30 mins on the elliptical I went over to do my 30 mins on the treadmill.  I sent him a picture of how sweaty and gross I was, but that I was going to get more sweaty with my next 30 mins :)  His response was "do two more 30 min sessions at only 50% effort."  At first I thought he was nuts, an hour and a half of cardio?  Me?  Uh NO.  Then after about 10 minutes I said what the heck, I'm going to try it.  Minutes 20 - 30 DRAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGED on.  I had the towel covering the timer and I thought I have to be at least at 35 minutes now and I took the towel off and I was at 23 minutes!  Seriously ridiculous, but I powered through.  Then something WEIRD happened.  At 47 minutes one of my favorite songs (Raise Your Glass) came on and I got a burst of energy AND I STARTED JOGGING!  That has NEVER, EVER happened before.  I know they say there is such a thing as a "runners high" but I never believed it.  I jogged for 4 minutes.  I know it's not that long, but I'll take it.  At the end of my workout I sent Chris a text with this picture and all I typed in was BOOM!


After working out I went to Jewel to get some goodies for us to grill.  Hamburgers, corn, asparagus and mushrooms.  I knew I'd want a cocktail since we planned on hanging out outside and watching the fireworks so I picked up some MGD 64 (64 calorie beer) so I didn't feel quite so guilty about drinking.

Last night we also attached our new bike rack to my car.  We are planning on meeting our friends Eric and Ann this weekend and going on a bike ride.  Hopefully the rack is on correctly :)

Longest post ever!  Finally I just have a quick question for anyone who may still read this.  I know that I've lost a few readers, I was just wondering if anyone still read this?  (Ted and Jeanne I know you do and THANK YOU!)  Have a great weekend!




1 comment: