Friday, July 19, 2013

Piloxing and I Don't Mix

I was SO excited to finally get to try Piloxing last night.  It's one of the classes that got me really excited about buying the Groupon.  It's a combo of Pilates and Boxing.  It was nice because the class only had 6 people in it so it wasn't cramped.  The instructor told everyone to take off their shoes unless they wore orthodics or had feet issues - that's me!  So I kept my shoes on.  The class was a ton of either a lot of jumping back and forth or balancing on one foot or the other for long periods of time.  My feet were screaming at me to stop.  I thought, hmm maybe if I take my shoes off it will be better.  In the back of my mind I heard my podiatrist saying "never go barefoot."  I did it anyway, bad idea!  About 1/2 way through the class during one of the water breaks I apologized to the instructor, told her about my feet and let her know I'd be leaving.  She was very nice and told me to try it again sometime.  I was kind of bummed because I was supposed to do my 5K training after the class and there was no way that was happening so I went home, took Advil, iced my foot and let it rest.

I'm looking at the positive though.  I tried it, I at least burned some calories and now I know I never want to do it again :)




No comments:

Post a Comment