Monday, July 15, 2013

Active Weekend!

We had a great weekend!  On Friday we went over to my friend Eve's and she and her husband made us a great bbq dinner!  Salmon, burgers, steak kabob's, asparagus, etc. YUM!  Saturday morning Chris and I went to the Brookfield farmer's market.  It was ok, we were a little disappointed that a few of the vendors that we really wanted to purchase stuff from didn't take credit cards.  We came home with a few things so it wasn't a total bust.  Eve told us that the Frankfort farmers market on Sunday's is awesome, so we may have to check that one out next.  After the farmers market we did a bunch of other errands and got home around 4:30 pm.

I was going to go to the gym to complete my 5K training but decided to just try to do it outside since I'd heard that outside "running" (that is NOT at all what I do, hahaha) is so much different than the treadmill.  It was pretty hot out but I was determined to do it.  In my 30 minute session I covered 2.07 miles.  Not stellar by any means, but I'm doing it so I guess that's all that matters.  I was a sweaty mess when I got home and I didn't want anything hot/warm to eat so I made myself a protein shake.  I combined vanilla protein powder with some almond milk and frozen strawberries, blueberries and pomegranate seeds.  I also packed the blender with...........SPINACH!  I read on a blog somewhere that a shake is a good way to get in your dark greens and veggies.  Honestly I couldn't even taste the spinach.  I made enough for two servings so I put the other one in the freezer so that I could have it in the morning.  I'm not sure I liked the frozen pomegranate seeds.  Maybe I didn't leave the blender going long enough, but they just added a bunch of hard seed leftovers that was annoying to eat.



On Sunday we had our 10th annual family golf outing.  The golf course is right by the walking/biking trails so I woke up early and loaded up my bike and went for an almost 6 mile ride.  When I got back to the golf course I had my other shake!  Then I quickly went to my mom's, showered, and got back to the course to help set up for the event.  I don't golf, but I do get to drive around the beer cart as well as take the pictures!  This year I had two very special helpers, my two nephews!  I had SO MUCH FUN hanging out with them.  It was pretty hot out, so the beer cart was very popular :)  

All in all it was a very fun, sweaty and active weekend filled with lots of friends and family time!






No comments:

Post a Comment