Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Back to the Podiatrist

Last night I had visit #2 with the podiatrist.  My foot isn't quite reacting how it should be to the inserts and steroid shot, so we have plan of attack #2.  I got another steroid shot in my heel (OUCH) and now they are making custom inserts for my shoes.  The inserts are not covered by insurance, but if it's going to make my feet feel better I'll bite the bullet and get them.  They made casts of my feet and sent them out and I should have them back in three weeks.

In the mean time she said that I could still continue my 5K training (YAY!!) as long as I promised to do better in terms of stretching and icing afterwards.  She also taught Chris the proper way to tape up my foot so that I had some additional support prior to my inserts arriving.

Chris started his training for the 5K yesterday, it was fun to have a buddy along the route (even if he was in front of me the entire time!)  I worked from home yesterday so we were able to do it over the lunch hour which was pretty cool.  When we got back I made a protein shake for lunch, chia seeds, coconut water, blueberries, pineapple, strawberries and spinach.  It was pretty darn good.




3 comments: