Thursday, July 18, 2013

New Salad

Last night I took the night off of working out.  I needed a few things from the grocery store so that was our plan.  I knew better than to go out hungry though :)  A few nights ago I'd taken some chicken out of the freezer to thaw and it was ready to be cooked.  Well it's way too hot out to grill and to turn the oven on (this one I'm still trying to understand, since the air conditioning is on, but I go along with it) so I pulled out the George Foreman grill.  The chicken breasts where ginormous!  I could really only cook one at a time.  While it was cooking I cut up a watermelon that I'd bought a few days ago.  I've been wanting to make a watermelon salad since I saw it online a few weeks ago, so I gave it a shot.  I combined watermelon, feta cheese, some of the mint from our garden, some balsamic vinegar and a pinch of salt.  YUM!  I'm a fan :)  Next time I'd probably add more balsamic.  The recipe that I saw called for olive oil, but I didn't want to wast the calories.  Also said to add pepper, but that didn't sound good.



When the chicken was done I was curious as to how much it weighed so I put it on the food scale, 16 oz!!!!  Crazy!!  I split it in 1/2 and Chris ate one 1/2 and I ate the other.  I cooked the rest of the chicken too and weighed each one and split them into individual baggies with how much they weigh and how many calories that equaled, yes odd but it will help with meal planning/tracking in the future!  Most of them are 7 oz/175 calories.  I put most of them in the freezer.  One of them is on top of the salad I brought for lunch today and the other is in the fridge for dinner tonight.  





No comments:

Post a Comment