Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Feeling Good!

I feel like I'm getting back into the swing of things with working out, blogging and tracking my food.  I did Zumba last night and no power outages so we were able to do the whole class :)  My foot hurt for about the first 15 minutes but after that I was good to go.  I think I'll need to try and get to the gym a little earlier to stretch it out more before I work out.  I also made sure to stretch after.  I burned 602 calories so that felt good!  When I got home I made chicken sausage, peas with some feta sprinkled on them and had some hummus and mushrooms.

A few weeks ago I talked about my herb pot.  I've been using the herbs in a lot that I make now.  I put parsley and chives in my omelettes, basil in my salads, but my favorite thing that I've been doing is putting mint in my water.  I usually don't have a problem drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day, but putting the mint in adds a little something extra to it!  Maybe I'll try basil water, not sure how that would work out.

I'm going to attempt to get up at 5 am tomorrow to make it to the gym by 5:45 for a Body Pump class.  I haven't done Body Pump before, but it's described as "The original LES MILLS barbell class, will sculpt, tone and strengthen your entire body, fast!  Great bodies aren't born, they are transformed, using the proven Body Pump formula: The Rep Effect a breakthrough in resistance workout training.  Focusing on how low weight loads and high repetition movements, you'll burn fat, gain strength and quickly produce lean body muscle conditioning.  Body Pump is one of the world's fastest ways to get in shape as it challenges all of your major muscle groups while you squat, press, lift and curl."

The thing I love about using the Groupon Chris bought for this gym is that it gives me the chance to try out all of these classes that I've never done before in an environment that is all women so I don't feel so self conscious.

No comments:

Post a Comment