Monday, July 22, 2013

Craving Healthy Food

Chris and I both noticed a change in ourselves this weekend.  It was a strange, yet exciting feeling.  We went out to dinner on Friday night and even though I TRIED to order well, it didn't work out that way.  Long story short, I ordered fish and when I got it there were TON of bones in it.  I'm not joking when I say that of the 1 inch of fish that I tried eating it had about 16 bones in it.  I ordered the fish broiled, which apparently they don't do a lot of.  She said all of their other fish is fried so that usually dissipates the bones.  She offered to get me something else.  By that time I was getting angry.  Chris's dinner came out wrong, the wine I ordered was sour, so I just asked her for a recommendation.  She said they were known for their Ruben's so I just said fine.  After it came out I regretted not getting something more healthy.  I ate about 2/3'rds of it and gave the rest to Chris.  Instead of fries I ordered the red potatoes.  The rest of the night I felt horrible.  I think my stomach has gotten used to eating healthier so when I put garbage in it, it didn't react all that well.

At breakfast the next morning Chris and I talked about how, now that we're eating better, our bodies are craving are different things.  I want to eat well, the garbage food isn't quite as appealing to me anymore.  Don't get me wrong, I don't think that pizza will ever sound bad to me, but I am making much more of a conscious decision to eat more healthy.  Yesterday Chris and I were out grocery shopping and I all of the sudden had a craving for freshly squeezed juice.  Not just orange juice, but a veggie/fruit combo like we made in our juicer.  I even made a pit stop at Whole Foods hoping to get some, but their juicer was broken :(  

On Saturday my foot was finally feeling better.  As I mentioned last week, Piloxing won't happen again for me!  I wanted to keep up with my 5K training so I did my 2 1/2 miles outside.  Chris was at the gym, so I met him there and we did another 30 minutes on the treadmill together, then moved onto some weights.  Well by Saturday night my foot was killing me again and on Sunday I had a hard time walking around.  I guess I'll be calling the podiatrist again, ugh!  It actually upset me yesterday that I couldn't workout because of my foot.  Baby steps I guess :)


    

No comments:

Post a Comment