Monday, January 7, 2013

January 6th food and GO IRISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHH, there are SOOOOOOOOOOO (that's for you Rusty, lol) many things to be excited about today.  I am counting down the hours until the ND game tonight.  I'm working today so I couldn't wear all of my Irish gear to work, however I'm pretty sure by my green sweater and shamrock earrings people know who I'm rooting for.  I have my outfit at home all set!  My ND t-shirt, my new ND BCS Championship sweatshirt (thanks Rusty!), my new ND hat with a little extra sparkle and my new ND socks (Christmas was good this year!!)  I'm like a kid in a candy store today, although that would probably defeat the purpose of losing weight HA.  I'm going to keep calling my mom today and hanging up because her ringer for me is the ND fight song :)


Ok so onto my next thing to be excited about.  The Biggest Loser premiered last night.  I LOVE that show.  It's so motivating.  I figure if the contestants can work out 5 - 6 hours a day, it shouldn't be hard for me to find an hour a day.  Last year I said I was going to keep my weights near me while I watched it and use them while I was sitting there.  That lasted an episode :)  I think I'll try that again this year.  Speaking of the gym, Chris and I did make it there again yesterday.  I can't believe how much I've digressed over the past few months.  When I was working out at the beginning of the year I was able to do strength training with a fairly good amount of weight, well that's out the window now!  It was hard for me to do 10 lbs.  I'll get back there, I'm not worried.  Plus, Chris is doing an awesome job in keeping me from getting bored while were at the gym.  He's coming up with all sorts of exercises to using the bands, medicine ball, weights, etc.  Thanks honey :)

Yesterday I made kale chips.  They turned out ok, not my best batch, but I do like them.  Meijer was out of the bunches of kale so I got a bag of baby kale.  The problem with that is the leaves are pretty small so once they were cooked, they just kind of disintegrated in our mouth.  I wouldn't use the baby one's again, but I will make kale chips again.  They're easy, a good snack and give me the salty/crunchy that I sometimes crave.  What I usually do is buy a big bunch of kale and cut it into 2 - 3 inch pieces, also pre-heat the oven to 400.  I put that into a bowl and drizzle a little olive oil and sea salt and mix it together.  Spray a cookie sheet with Pam and lay one layer of kale on the sheet.  Then I bake it for 15 mins or more, they should be crunchy not still wet.  They shrink quite a bit, so you can buy a pretty big bunch.  

Now on to yesterday's food.  Oh, before I forget.  I know that Chris and I declared this month "No Drink January" however we did agree that we'd be allowed to have a few drinks for the game tonight.  So you will see alcohol on tomorrow's diary :)  LET'S GO IRISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment