Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Day One was a Success!

Day one of my travel worked out well!!  I'm glad I had the granola bars.  After we got to our hotel we decided to have dinner.  It's freezing outside so we stayed at the hotel.  The restaurant in our hotel is "southern cuisine".  Let me translate what their menu was country fried steak, fried everything, creamy sauces, etc.  They had one fish option on the menu!  So I went with the salmon with a side of polenta and I substituted the mac and cheese side that went with it for sauteed greens.  I didn't have an appetizer, or dessert, or the corn muffins and honey butter that were on our table!  Overall success.

This morning I got up early and took advantage of the hotel gym and walked on the treadmill for 45 minutes. I'm starting to feel a change inside of me, like I WANT to do this, not that I HAVE to do this!  Here's hoping day two is just as easy.

Also I'd like to give a shout out to my cousin Blair who starts student teaching today, GO BB!!


2 comments:

  1. Reminder.........a few meals isn't worth ruining the last few weeks over!!!

    ReplyDelete