Saturday, January 19, 2013

A Surprise at the Gym!

Chris and I went to the gym today, something weird happened.  We got there and as per our usual routine we jumped on the elliptical machines for 30 minutes.  I got my heart rate pumping pretty good and had a new playlist to listen to.  I usually watch the 30 minutes tick down and can't wait to get off the machine.  Usually after we do cardio we will go do weights.  Well went the 30 minutes were up I told Chris that I wanted to do another 30 minutes while he was lifting weights!  That has NEVER happened before :)  So I switched machines and got on the treadmill.  About 1/2 way through the treadmill I almost talked myself into stopping, but I just turned the music up higher and fought through it.  Music really does make a huge difference for me.   

Thanks to everyone who made snack suggestions!  I have a favor to ask anyone who may read this.  My cousin Jordan is being deployed to Afghanistan tomorrow for 9 months.  Please keep he and all of our troops in your thoughts and prayers.   


3 comments:

  1. Good for you girl! Did you get that kind of "high" feeling after you finished? I haven't had that in awhile - I like that feeling! Keep it up - and strong thoughts and well wishes for your cousin as he goes off to Afghanistan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. got a song for you to add to your playlist during the next 9 months :) www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGBXIK5TZjs

    ReplyDelete