Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I went to the gym!

Last night we finally made it to the gym.  Holy cow was it crowded.  I'm used to the usual right after New Years rush, however it was packed there.  Almost every cardio machine was taken and the weights were equally as crowded.  We found two Precor machines that were next to each other and did 30 mins on them and then we did some strength training, I forget which muscle groups, delts and lats maybe?  We were at the gym for a little over an hour.  Also after dinner last night I watched The Biggest Loser AND had my 5 lb weights next to me and used them!  I was making up my own exercises and when Chris came upstairs he looked at me funny, but I told him I didn't care, the point was I was keeping my promise and using them while watching the show.   

Last night is when all of that cooking that I did a few weeks ago came in handy!  We got home at 8pm from the gym and I was starving.  Luckily I had the chicken breasts already cooked, I took one out of the freezer, popped it into the microwave, heated up some peas and within a few minutes I was having dinner.  I also made some tea.  Now over the weekend we were at Woodfield and went into Tevana (a tea store).  Well I got sucked into listening about one of the teas that's good for digestion and weight loss and before I knew it I bought it.  Well, they do a really good job there not exactly telling you how much the tea is until the very end.  Let's just say that for the cost of it, it should work miracles!!  

I haven't broken out the crockpot in awhile, but I found this link on Pinterest yesterday so I thought I'd put it up here for anyone interested.  If you try any of them out let me know and I'll do the same.  http://greatist.com/health/healthy-crock-pot-recipes/ 

I know that I didn't eat enough calories yesterday.  I was trying to cut back since I splurged a bit over the weekend.  I also didn't plan ahead and had to throw my lunch together in the morning since I didn't do it the night before so I didn't have time to plan it out.  


1 comment:

  1. Balancing 5lb weights on your nose is not an exercise!

    ReplyDelete