Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Food rut

I feel like I'm getting into a food rut for breakfast and lunch.  I realized I was eating the same thing everyday. For breakfast a yogurt and and orange, for lunch a salad with some kind of protein, for a snack an apple, for dinner chicken and a veggie.  While those are all good choices, I find myself getting bored with them.  So I'm going to make more of an effort to switch it up a bit.

I'm a little frustrated because the scale for the past few days has been stuck at -8lbs.  Yes that's good, but not where I want it to stay.  I know I need to work out more, 3 times since I started isn't going to cut it, but I was hoping for a little more result in just changing my eating habits.  I guess I need to stop hoping for that and get to the gym more often.


4 comments:

  1. Really struggling with my fast today - but thinking of you kept me going. When I get hunger pains - I just say a prayer for you and I get my mind off me and food.

    So my first verse of the week is: “Jesus answered, ‘It is written: Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’” — Matthew 4:4, NIV
    But I asked myself - what word of God will come to my rescue when my stomach is growling? Here's what came to me. Mt 6:25
    Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food?
    I sure hope so


    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only the gym - just a walk! I'm having trouble getting out there too. I've lost a whopping pound and a half - but that's a pound and a half I'd have on my ass if I wasn't trying. You are really helping me Nicole. Just so you know!

    I don't know if you're much into slimfast type shakes - but on the off chance that you are - Complete Nutrition has a product by Reclaim called "smart smoothie" It's the only "shake" I've ever had that I can drink for breakfast with WATER and it still tastes good. It also keeps me honest to God full for about 3 hours. (It's high in protein and low on carbs). Give it a try - it might get you out of the yogurt and orange for breakfast.

    OOh - and note to Meg - if you are having hunger pains, a lot of times Advil or other ibuprofen will help with that. If your fast is for religious reasons, that's not really the point I guess, but if your fast is for weight loss, it takes the edge off. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. with regards to the gym...for variety, I always find it easier to do 2 short work outs a day close to home as opposed to getting motivated at the gym. I know it's chilly out however I also know you spent many a years diving into a cold pool. I try to do a brisk 35 min walk and/or a tape/DVD strength workout for a half hour at home with 5-10lb weights....doesn't take much time and can be done in a short period of time....doesn't have to be a killer burn work out each time you work out...consistency is the key.having a buddy helps.

    ReplyDelete