Monday, April 15, 2013

Sunny Sunday!!

It was SO nice out yesterday!  I could really get used to this kind of weather again.  When Chris and I woke up and started moving around, I decided I wanted to try and make an egg white fritata.  I sauteed some mushrooms and asparagus and then eventually added a few big handfuls of kale since they'd wilt down.  After those were all ready to go I added the egg whites and waited for them to cook, once they were just about done I added a few slices of the 45 calorie pepper jack cheese slices I talked about a few weeks ago.  I tried to make it pretty coming out of the pan, it didn't work.  So it was more of a scramble than a fritata :)  Chris and I both liked it though so that's all that mattered.

We stayed at our friend Kelly's for the weekend and she has a few walking trails/loops within a few blocks of her house so since the weather was so nice we laced up our gym shoes and headed out for a walk.  According to the app on my phone we walked 2.63 miles.  We walked two of the trails, one was around a lake and that was 0.6 miles and one was around some tall grass/nature area by some homes and that was 0.7 miles.

We bought a juicer over the weekend.  I originally bought one for Chris for Christmas, I think it lasted 20 minutes before it broke.  So much for all of the research I did for a good one.  We saw the the "Bullet" brand was on clearance at Bed, Bath and Beyond.  I love my Bullet for shakes/smoothies, so we figured we'd give this a shot.  It worked pretty well.  We made an orange/apple/pineapple/kale/carrot juice.  It turned out pretty sweet, so I know next time we can hide some more veggies in there and it will still be good.  We made sure to peel the fruit that needed to be peeled first :)  We're going to get more adventurous with our juice, I've been looking online for various combo ideas so if you have any that you like send them my way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment