Monday, April 1, 2013

No More...

...I've decided to give up blogging, trying to lose weight, caring about what I eat, etc.  I'm going back to using excuses and not being motivated.  I'm done.  April Fools :)  Sorry I'm too much of my Grandpa Barry not to let April Fools Day go by without one little joke!  Growing up, my grandpa was one of the biggest practical jokers I knew.  I remember one April Fools Day that he pulled me to the side and told me he wanted to play a joke on Rusty.  He had hard boiled an egg and we were going to have a competition as to who could crack the egg and peel it the fastest.  We had to start out by cracking the egg on our head and then peel it, the winner got money.  Notice I said he hard boiled "AN" egg.  He gave Rusty a raw egg.  So on the count of three we were to smash them on our head and peel, 1.......2.......3, SPLAT raw egg dripping all over Rusty's head, gross but hysterical.  My grandpa played jokes on my parents, aunts/uncles, his co-workers, my cousins, etc.  I'm almost positive he was never gutsy enough to play one on my grandma :)

Speaking of April 1st, I'd like to wish my Uncle Tim and Aunt Jeanne a Happy Anniversary!!  They have an amazing marriage/relationship, one that I hope Chris and I can model ours after.  I know my aunt reads the blog daily so I wanted to give her a little shout out!

Also Happy (belated) Easter to everyone.  We had a great time at my Aunt Moe's yesterday.  There were two egg hunts (one for the "little" kids - my nephews, and one for the "big" kids - anyone 40 and under).  Chris was the big winner, spending extra time to find the $10 egg.  It was a day spent with great family, great food, great conversation and lots of laughs.

I know I said this last week, so I hope I'm not jinxing myself today, but I'm 99% confident that I'm going to be working out again this week.  I'm feeling good, no more complications and I really am ready to get back to the gym!

1 comment: