Thursday, April 4, 2013

Not So Bad

I did it, I made it back to the gym!  Yes I know it was only once so far, but I like celebrating all milestones - big or small.  I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and 30 min on the treadmill.  I wore my heart rate monitor and I burned 626 calories :)  Not bad for my first time back in awhile.  I will tell you though, my body feels it today!  I was playing around with the incline on the treadmill.  I was playing a game in my head.  When I got tired and had to hold on to the rails I would raise the incline.  I figured if I was holding on, I needed to increase something, so incline it was.  I did something similar on the elliptical.  I did the "weight loss" program  and the machine I was on had both moving and non-moving arms.  For the program I did, it was 4 minutes on a lower level and 4 minutes on a higher level and that went back and forth for the entire 30 minutes.  So for the lower level I kept my arms still and on the higher level I used the moving arms.  I liked the variety because it kept me from getting bored and I feel like I got a better workout.





When I got home, I wanted to make sure I had a healthy dinner.  I didn't want to cancel out the workout I just did by eating junk.  I made us salmon with a spice rub on the George Foreman grill, broccoli and quinoa.    When I was on the 17 Day Diet they recommended drinking green tea with every meal.  I was fairly successful on that diet, so I've decided to incorporate things from that into my lifestyle, so I'm adding green tea here and there (hence the ND cup!)








No comments:

Post a Comment