Friday, April 19, 2013

Stick with the Plan!

I had to run over to Dominick's today to get a few cards, I also wanted to pick a little something else up for my lunch.  We're running low on salad stuff at home so my salad today consisted of lettuce, tomatoes and mushrooms.  That's all I had for the rest of the day and I knew that wouldn't tide me over.  The Dominick's by my office is really nice.  They have a big fresh made food section with a salad bar, pizza, sushi, sandwiches made to order, pre-packaged foods, etc.  Normally when I go there I talk myself out of eating healthy and get whatever looks good.  Today I stuck to my plan!  I knew I had the salad at work waiting for me, so I just wanted to get a few things from the salad bar to add on to it.  I made sure I got the smallest container as to not go crazy and I stuck to the side of the salad bar that had the fresh veggies - not the side that had all of the yummy salads (potato salad, couscous, mayo based stuff, etc.)  I put a few things in the container and noticed the freshly grilled chicken breasts so I got one of those to add a bit of protein to keep myself fuller, longer.  Celebrating the little feats of success :)


No comments:

Post a Comment