Friday, February 1, 2013

I Left a Party.............Because of Food?

Yesterday was our sales kick off at a bar in the city.  Everything was going great, we had the presentation, I found the light beer on the menu (it was at a brewery and they only have a limited amount of their own beers), I was having fun with my co-workers and then it happened!!  THE FOOD CAME OUT!!  Popcorn covered in bacon and parmesan cheese, soft pretzels as big as my head with cheese dipping sauce, truffle french fries and lots of pizza (one of the pizza's was called "loaded potato").  I tried to avoid it for a little while then as more and more people were walking around with plates, I noticed that I was talking myself into "just one piece of pizza" or "just a bite of the pretzel".  At that point I hightailed it out of there!  I didn't take one bite of food.  I was among the first to leave but I didn't care.  I used my drive back to the suburbs as an excuse.  I know one day I will be able to be at a party and not have to worry about over doing it, but I just am not at that point yet.

The night turned out much better anyway!  My dad was staying out in the suburbs last night so Chris and I met him at one of our favorite sushi places and had dinner with him.  Sushi is much better than pizza and bacon covered popcorn :)  My dad and I split the sushi and sashimi platter for two - all very fresh fish and not to much rice.  It also came with miso soup (which is surprisingly low in calories) and salad.  We didn't finish it all so bonus I have lunch for today!


1 comment:

  1. I am massively impressed with this one - I would've blown it. Completely blown it! I would've said: "Tomorrow's another day . . . " I am so impressed at your willpower with this one. Way to Go Nicole!!

    ReplyDelete