Monday, February 4, 2013

Tackling My Fear..............

..............of working out at the gym at my office.  Chris has finally convinced me not to worry about who I'm working out around and to go workout at the free gym in my office building.  I don't know that he knows that he finally helped me make that decision, but he did :)  I was getting ready for work this morning and he saw me packing a workout bag and I think that surprised him!  I know it surprised me.  I have this weird thing that I don't want to workout with the people who I work with.  I know it's silly, but I really don't want my co-workers seeing me in my workout clothes, sweating up a storm and looking at me while I jiggle all over the place.  I'm going to try and (in the words of Tim Gunn) "make it work!"  I have too many excuses not to work out either in the morning before I leave for work or at night when I get home from work, so I figure if I go straight downstairs to the gym right after work that there are no excuses.  Plus traffic sucks for me all the time, so hopefully after the workout traffic will have died down a bit.

As I mentioned yesterday I have the best friends!  Yesterday's Superbowl food was awesome!  Eve did a great job putting out a healthy yet yummy spread (all mentioned on yesterday's blog)!  She looks great too.  She's lost a lot of weight and I'm so proud of her.


3 comments:

  1. I am trying like hell to work out in my own basement. It's not happening. I am eating less, but I am not doing anywhere near as well as you are my dear. I have lost some, but not a lot. Eric put "Ann loses 10 pounds" on the list. So you know what that means . . . it's on the list.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh oh Ann if it's on "the list" it must be done :) I wish we lived closer, we could be workout buddies. You said you "lost some" that's better than gaining some or not losing at all!! :) I'm only looking at it in 10lbs increments because I get too overwhelmed thinking of the full amount.

      Delete