Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Why I Love my Husband and Technology!

I did it, I tackled the fear of working out at work and went yesterday.  It wasn't scary at all.  I left work about 10 minutes before 5 to beat the big rush and was able to get a cardio machine no problem, there were only 3 other people in there when I went down.  I was so excited I texted Chris a picture :)  I decided I was going to do an hour of cardio.  The first 1/2 hour on the elliptical flew by, I love the playlist that I created on my phone so it's easy to jam out.  I decided to switch it up for the second 1/2 hour and got on a treadmill, 14 minutes into it I was tired, bored and wanting to quit.  That's where the loving Chris and technology come in! A quick text to Chris for some motivation and I was back at it.  I love getting a virtual pep talk!


Right after I got the text from him, "Ain't no Mountain High Enough" came on and between the two I was pumped up again!  The gym did get a little busy towards the end of my workout, but I was ok with it.  So ok that I packed another bag and will be going there again tonight.  I burned 666 calories last night (I use a heart rate monitor when I work out so I know my calories, zones, etc.) Chris told me to jump around for another second or two so it didn't end on 666 :)

I got home, made a wrap and some butternut squash and then it was time to watch The Biggest Loser.  I kept my promise to myself and pulled out my weights and did arm exercises throughout the show.  Needless to say, I was pretty motivated yesterday and proud of myself (minus the moment of wanting to quit).


2 comments:

  1. Careful not to post random Sexting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DAMN Girl! I wish we lived closer - I think you could help motivate me if I were in the gym with you.

    ReplyDelete