Tuesday, August 13, 2013

New Sweet Treat

Every once and awhile I get a craving for a sweet treat, usually ice cream.  Obviously that's not a great craving to have.  When we were at Sam's Club the other day I saw a box of frozen yogurt bars by Yasso.  I can't find the exact image online, but the box I got has both coconut and strawberry bars.  I had the coconut one last night and it was really good.  There were actual pieces of coconut in the bar, not just coconut "flavored".  They are 80 calories, so not too bad of a hit to my calorie count for the day.

I did my 5K training this morning.  I set the alarm for 5:30 and after hitting snooze once I got up and then I realized, it was still dark out!  I wasted a little time getting ready and when I left the house at 6 it was starting to get light out.  I did better today than I did on Sunday.  Sunday I only went 1.7 miles, today I made it 2.03.  This week's training is a hard one!  5 minute warm up brisk walk, jog for 3 minutes, walk 90 seconds, jog 5 minutes, walk 2.5 minutes, jog 3 minutes, walk 90 seconds, jog 5 minutes, 5 minute cool down.  That last 5 minute jog was a killer.  It's a good thing no one is around me at that time because I'm sure I sound like I'm dying :)  



No comments:

Post a Comment