Thursday, August 8, 2013

Fishy-fishy!

Hahaha, I now always hear that McDonald's commercial when talking about fish.  It doesn't help that Chris sings it a lot as well, fishy fishy!  Last nights dinner was a good one.  We took out Mahi Mahi from the freezer and made it on the Foreman.  No salt/spices/etc.  Then I also made a spaghetti squash for us to split.  Chris ate both his fish and squash without any seasoning.  I put some salt (hey I can have salt, my BP is usually 98/70 so some salt isn't all that bad!) on my squash and some olive muffalata on my fish.  It was tasty!  I grilled two extra fillets so I have some left over for lunch today and tomorrow, I'll be having fish tacos!

After dinner we went to Sam's Club for a "few things".  Has anyone ever left Sam's with only a "few things?"  I'm not sure if Chris liked shopping with me though because everything he picked up was followed with me either saying "you can't have that" or "how much sodium is in that" or "put it down."  :)  One thing I did like that he picked up was the coconut water.  One of his medicines depletes his body of potassium so he's always looking for things that are high in potassium and coconut water is!  I like it too, and before when I would suggest getting it, it was followed by one of Chris's common responses to me while shopping "not at that price!"  Now we aren't as worried about price (we are still being conservative, but a few dollars won't break us) and more concerned over nutritional value.  

On a weight loss note, I've lost almost 8 lbs in the last few weeks.  I'm actually surprised by this.  Normally in high stress situations I go nuts (arrrrrrrrrrrrrr) eating bad foods.  While we were at the hospital I tried making as healthy food choices as possible.  I had the salad bar, veggie burger, potato, chicken, etc. as opposed to the mac and cheese, fajitas, cheese burgers/hot dogs/fries, etc that were also available in the cafeteria.  It helped that the food was kind of gross anyway so I didn't really want it :)  Chris says he notices a difference, I'm still waiting to see it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment