Monday, August 26, 2013

Back to my Routine

It is SO NICE to be back home.  I'm used to 2 - 3 day trips, a week was a LONG time.  It felt good to get home and get back into a routine.  It was also great to be able to kiss and hug/squeeze Chris :)  The good thing is that while I was gone I didn't gain any weight.  I tried to be as good as possible, when you're eating out three meals a day that's tough.  I was able to do a workout while I was there as well.

One of my colleagues that was at the training with us did an Ironman yesterday!  That's a 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, followed by a 26 mile marathon!  INSANE.  I tracked him online and he did it in 12 hours and 41 minutes.  I went out for my 5K training yesterday and it had some longer interval runs and when I wanted to give up I kept reminding myself that he was doing an Ironman while I was doing 30 minutes!  Talk about motivation :)

I hope this week flies by!  My family is all coming into town this weekend from MI, WI, CO, MO and locally here in Chicago to celebrate the lives of my two grandparents that passed recently.  I cannot wait for some serious family time filled with laughs, memories, I'm sure a few tears, fun and of course a cocktail or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment