Friday, August 16, 2013

14 Years!

Today marks 14 years with my company.  I had absolutely NO IDEA what they did when I took the job.  I'd made conference calls before, but had no clue when it came to anything else.  I feel so fortunate to have been here for 14 years.  They have been amazing in helping me to grow my career.  In my time here I've met some of my best friends, got my Masters, went from being a one woman training team to having 30 people under me and was able to celebrate our engagement with 300 of my co-workers when Chris proposed the night before we left on our Gold Club trip!  I feel very blessed to be where I am today.

As I mentioned yesterday, last night I worked out with my friend Eve.  It's so nice to have a workout buddy, she is very motivating, even if she doesn't realize it.  She made me go a little faster on the treadmill, lift more weights than I normally would and stay at the gym longer than usual.  She is very knowledgeable in strength training and that's where I get intimidated, so it's awesome to just follow her lead.  We agreed to workout together once a week.

We went to the gym at 7 and I didn't want to eat before hand and I knew I wouldn't want anything heavy when I got home because I'd be going to bed shortly after. Before I left for the gym I made a protein shake and put it in the freezer.  It was a good one!!  I used one scoop of vanilla protein powder, a banana, a cup of frozen strawberries, a cup of frozen mixed berries and 8oz of coconut water.  Delish!

Happy Friday :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment