Friday, August 9, 2013

Birthday Celebration

Last night I went do dinner and a play with my mom, aunts and cousins.  We were celebrating my Aunt Marilyn's birthday.  We always have so much fun when we are together.  I tried to eat well during the day because I knew I'd have a few drinks and that we were going to a pizza/flat bread restaurant.  It was very good!  My mom and I split a flat bread that was described as a "salad on a crust".  The crust was SUPER thin and on top was arugula, heirloom tomatoes, freshly made mozzarella and some olive oil and sea salt.  It was so so good.  We went and saw the play Late Night Catechism.  For a bunch of Irish Catholic girls it was pretty funny.  It was an interactive play and of course I got called on :)  I won a key chain that says "God Protects."  Inside of it were three little knives, hahaha get it.  Anyway fun was had by all and while I wasn't great in terms of food/drink, I still tried to keep it healthy.

  

2 comments:

  1. Given you are enjoying coconut - here's a spicy coco sauce you can put on fish, chicken and vegies. Enjoy, Moe

    1 lge onion chopped,
    3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
    Ginger, cinnamon, cumi, turmeric, freshly ground black pepper, cayenne (all to taste)
    1 can coconut (don't use low fat)
    1/2 tsp sea salt
    I heaping tbsp. brown sugar

    ReplyDelete