Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Back to Zumba!

Well after some encouragement from those of you who read the blog and a groupon that Chris bought for me for an all women's fitness class bundle, I went to Zumba last night :)  It was a lot of fun!  As I mentioned (in this blog post) Chris saw a groupon for 20 classes at an all women's gym in LaGrange, not too far from our house.  I have 40 days to complete the 20 classes.  I did my first class last night.  It was really nice to be in an all woman's facility.  I wasn't nearly as self conscious as I am at our regular gym.  The class was small, maybe 10 people which was great, because usually at the Zumba class at our gym there are around 50.  I had room to move and see the instructor.  All of the women were really nice.  The first song they played "Can't Hold Us" by Mackelmore and Ryan Lewis always makes me think of Chris so that was an added boost of energy :)  At the end of the class I almost fell over when I looked down at my heart rate monitor!


705 CALORIES BURNED!!  I was pretty darn excited to see that.  It was a tough class, but it was a lot of fun and if I can burn 705 calories for dancing around for an hour I'll take it.  I am a bit sore today, especially my upper body.  There was a lot of focus on arms in yesterday's class.  My foot does hurt today from the planter fasciitis but I think part of that is my doing, I did not stretch as much as I should have after class and I did not ice my foot when I got home.  I will need to try that next time.

As promised yesterday, the food journal is back!



No comments:

Post a Comment