Tuesday, June 25, 2013

A Power Outage and a Hawks Win!

Yesterday I posted that I was going to Zumba, I was actually excited about it because I really do like it.  I got to the gym, was about 1/2 way through the class and then it happened..............complete darkness.  There were some pretty wicked storms passing through so that caused a power outage.  We waited a bit and then they canceled the class and closed the gym.  At least I got 1/2 a workout in?  Anyway the plan was to meet Chris at a bar and grill down the street from the gym to watch the Hawks game.  I got there and.............complete darkness!  Chris was sitting at the bar, on his computer working, having a drink waiting for me to show up :)  We waited there a little bit and decided to drive to where there was light!  We drove by our house to make sure grandma was ok and then went to where we usually go anyway Chuck's bbq.  The problem with that was that the bar was PACKED already.  Luckily they had a big screen in the restaurant so we watched it from there.  

What a game!!  I will be the first to admit that I jumped on the Hawk's bandwagon when they got into the playoff's but I look at it this way, I'm a Chicago fan!  If any of the Chicago teams were in the championship I'd root for them, including the Sox, which I did when they won.  The only time I wouldn't would be a Cubs/Sox World Series, but honestly who am I kidding, not in my lifetime!  Anyway back to the game, the bar and restaurant went nuts!  It was a lot of fun to be a part of.  The fire department across the street opened it's garage doors and put the lights and the siren of the fire truck on.  There were fireworks going off all over the place.  I'm proud to live in a city that has so much pride :)

Then we went home, all was good.  We went to sleep and at 4 am I was woken up by Chris who was trying to find a flashlight because.........complete darkness, our power went out.  I probably would have slept through it, but Chris's sleep machine stopped working and that of course woke him up, no sleep machine = no sleep for Chris :(  Comed says that we'll have power by 11 pm on THURSDAY so to a hotel we will go.  The hotel has a gym so my gym clothes are packed and ready to go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment