Wednesday, March 27, 2013

My "Burger"

I'm a little frustrated.  I talked to my doctor last night and he asked that I hold off a few more days before working out.  I know I promised that there would be gym time on the blog this week, unfortunately doctors orders (this time really not an excuse!)  That doesn't mean that I can't keep eating right though.

Last nights dinner was new for us.  I'd never made it before, so it was our test batch.  I made Portabello mushroom "burgers".  I grilled the mushroom caps on the Foreman grill and also grilled up some onions.  Then we added a slice of 40 calorie pepperjack cheese to the top of it.  We put that on a whole wheat sandwich thin.  Overall I thought it was pretty tasty and filling.  It could have used a little more seasoning, it was a bit bland.  I did put some onion and garlic powder on before grilling it, but that didn't seem to do enough.  What I really wanted was to put some balsamic vinegar on it, but we didn't have any.........next time.  As a side, we also made spaghetti squash in the microwave.  Chris pierced the squash all over with a fork then we put it in the microwave for about 15 minutes.  Then we let it cool for a bit and I cut it in half length wise, scooped out the seeds and then shredded it into strings (aka spaghetti).  I topped mine with a little Smart Balance butter and salt.  I really liked this dinner.  It was filling, good and something different.



No comments:

Post a Comment