Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Last Night's Dinner

Yesterday we planned ahead!  By "we" I mean that I thought to take out fish from the freezer before I left for work and totally forgot so called Chris and asked him to do it, hahaha.  Dinner turned out pretty good if I do say so.  We had tilapia.  We get it from Costco, it's all pre-packaged so all we need to do is take out two filets in the morning and we're set for dinner.  I baked them in the oven.  I topped them with some Pam, onion and garlic powder, a dry rub we got in Hawaii on our honeymoon and some Italian breadcrumbs.  I popped that in a 375 degree oven for about 20 minutes and they were done.  I also made some corn and whole wheat pasta.  My favorite way to eat pasta is just with some butter (in this case Smart Balance), a little salt and some times a little garlic.  After dinner we both felt like we ate a bulb of garlic so perhaps I put on a little too much.  However, as Rachel Ray says, two garlics cancel each other out :)  Chris also took out some salmon (from Costco, shocker) so swap the salmon and the tilapia and we'll have the same dinner tonight.  Sticking with the Hawaii theme, I also opened up a bottle of wine we got while we were there.  Overall, pretty darn good meal!



  

No comments:

Post a Comment