Wednesday, May 1, 2013

A New Challenge

If you read yesterday, you know I'm not happy with myself right now.  I'm lacking will, motivation, etc.  If you've read the blog in the past you know that I have a slight obsession with The Biggest Loser, especially Olivia and Hannah the two sisters who made it to the finals in season 11.



I follow them on their website and yesterday they launched a new challenge.  They partnered up with a website called Diet Bet.  You have to weigh in (by taking pictures) and post your weight (no one else see's it).  Then you have four weeks to lose 4% of your starting weight.  Everyone that wants to participate puts in $25.  After the four weeks, whoever's hit their 4% goal is a winner and splits the pot, which is currently at $36,500.  That's not the best part though!  The best part is that one random winner will win a week long stay (with a guest of their choice) at The Biggest Loser Resort in Chicago!!  There are a few Biggest Loser resorts around the country, one happens to be right here :)  AND Hannah and Olivia will be there for the week!!  I realize that there are almost 1500 people participating so the odds are against me, however I'm looking at this as a new way to motivate myself as well.  Would I absolutely love to be able to go to the resort for a week, HECK YES, but jump starting my weight loss again will be worth doing this.

I know that this seems like another gimmick or fad, but I'm ok with that.  This is how I'm looking at it.  If every few months I find something new that motivates me, that's good.  At least that means I'm staying on track and trying something new and not just giving up.  At this point in time it's something that excites me and makes me want to eat right and get to the gym, so it's working.  Enrollment is open until May 6th so if anyone else wants to look into it or sign up you can find it on Hannah and Olivia's website myfitspiration.com    Just an FYI if you sign up and win, you have to take me as your guest, HAHAHA :)  It's also a good website just to check out for recipes, motivation, and new ideas.  Here's to 4% in 4 weeks!!


No comments:

Post a Comment