Monday, May 20, 2013

Getting Back on Track

I am so excited that I am home this week, ALL WEEK!  I have a crazy travel schedule coming up.  New York City, Dallas, Denver (as soon as it's finalized I'll let you CO family know when), Louisville (x3), Atlanta, San Fran and LA.  Most of this travel will be done by September so I will be racking up the frequent flyers.  It's nice to be home for a bit and back in a routine.  Last night Chris grilled up some corn, salmon and chicken breasts, we put honey mustard on the salmon and it turned out really good.  I also spent a good chunk of last night making egg white omelette's to freeze.  I sauteed up some mushrooms, onions, green pepper, asparagus and GET THIS spinach (more on this in a second) and then when they were done added egg whites.  When the eggs were almost done I added a slice of 40 calorie Swiss cheese and folded the eggs over into an omelette.  I made 5 individual omelette's.  Time consuming upfront, yes - however now I don't have to worry about breakfast at all and can just pop them out of the freezer when needed.  It also helped that we bought a new omelette pan and I was excited to try it out :)  The mushrooms, asparagus and spinach were all fresh, but when we saw the diced onions and green peppers in the freezer section I grabbed them.  Such a time saver!

So speaking of spinach.  Remember how I've said "I like spinach, but spinach doesn't like me" well I think we're friends again!  I've had some pretty "adverse" reactions to spinach in the past, I won't get into all the gory details but it was bad for awhile.  Whenever I order a salad at a restaurant I have to request that there is no spinach.  Well a month or so ago I was pretty sure that there was spinach in the salad I had and I nothing happened.  So when Chris and I bought our juicer we were juicing Kale and I said we should try spinach to see if anything happened, again nothing.  I made an omelette the other day with spinach and nothing.  I had a salad while out of town last week and nothing happened, so I think it's safe to say that spinach and I are friends again :)  I'm happy about this because I do like it and it's so good for you.

Over the weekend Chris and I went to a health food store in Orland that my Aunt Jeanne recommended, New Vitality.  They've helped her with some of her gluten health and recommended that Chris go talk to them about his allergy/blood pressure issues.  The woman that we spoke to (the owner) really knew her stuff.  She recommended what to eat and what to avoid for both of us and also recommended some new vitamins.  I think we'll be visiting them again, plus the added bonus they sell my So Delicious coconut creamer that I love.  We'll have to make a trip back soon considering this morning I spilled 1/2 of the container on my pants, shoes and kitchen floor - Happy Monday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment