Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Avoiding a Party

Chris helped me make a tough decision yesterday.  One of my co-workers, who has worked with me for a very long time, had a going away party yesterday.  I wanted to go, but I was concerned about all of the eating and drinking while I'm getting back into my diet groove.  I decided I wasn't going to go and started to get a lot of crap from coworkers about not going so the guilt started to sink in.  After texting back and forth with Chris about the where, when, etc. he said something that really stuck in my head.  He said "If you think you have the will power to not eat crap and drink then go.  If not, don't put yourself in the position to fail."  That hit home for me.  I don't think I would have been able to go and sit there in front of all of that temptation without giving in.  I certainly know my coworkers would have started with the "you can have ONE drink" or "come on, one won't hurt" etc.  So I made the decision not to go.  In the end I was happy I made that decision, but it was a hard one to come to.  I need to remember sometimes that I can't please everyone and I need to consider what's more important to me at that particular time.  Yesterday what was most important was making healthy decisions for myself.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment