Thursday, May 2, 2013

New Food Find

On Monday Chris and I went to Costco and found this in the freezer section.  This picture says 2 servings, but the Costco one had 8.


Chris and I had already talked about eating oatmeal for breakfast so when I came across this I knew I had to have it.  I eat breakfast at work so I don't have a stove to cook on.  These individual packs are perfect!  I have a glass bowl, throw in the frozen oats and 3 1/2 minutes later it's ready.  Now yesterday the oatmeal bubbled over and I noticed it happening again today so I have to keep an eye on it while it's cooking.  If you have any tips on how NOT to make that happen, please let me know.  I also have a bag of no sugar added frozen berries (blueberry, raspberry and blackberry) from Costco that I add in after it's done cooking.  It doesn't add any sweetness to it, but I like the flavor.  Chris has been adding honey to his oatmeal so I may have to try a teaspoon or so of that.

If you look at my food log from yesterday, don't worry I didn't deprive myself of 577 calories.  I'm not trying to kick start a diet by starving myself.  I went to the gym and those are the calories I burned :)



No comments:

Post a Comment